June 20, 2008

Boys Toys

These strange looking creatures are Giant African Millipedes...Perfectly Harmless! We've been promising the boys these for a while but just haven't been able to get them. Believe it or not they're a hot commodity! And about to be hotter because there is now a ban on importing them. I'm hoping that having these for pets (& maybe another breeding project) will keep them from bringing all the creepy crawlies in from outside. Sam's the worst for that, & I am terrified of spiders. (Don't make fun!) I know how weird it sounds considering all the critters we have, but they truly do TERRIFY me! Anyway, So far it has worked though. The only things they have brought in are worms to feed Snap & Snapple (the snapping turtles) That works for me!!!





3 comments:

The Millers said...

oh that is sick haha!!
I hate milipedes to begin with and now they come in giant version!
i guess i have a bunch of creepy crawlers to look foward to as aaron gets older!

Arlene Price said...

Yuck, What ever happened to cute fuzzy little hamsters for pets ??? These things are icky ! The boys are cute though :) Love ya 'a ! xoxoxo
Hey , what do they eat ? Do they bite ? What do you keep them in ? Where on earth did you get such an idea anyhow ???

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the spider thing. Yuk, can't stand them, especially those big wolf spiders. But I must say, those millipedes run a close second!!!
Sue & Vince