September 11, 2008

Remembering 9-11-01

I can't believe it's been 7 years since this overwhelming and unforeseen attack on the US! I can remember turning on the TV that morning with Daniel (only 1&1/2 months old) in my arms & Tor was still sleeping. What I saw at first, I thought was a movie. The 1st plane had hit the World Trade Center and people were running everywhere. Then I realized it was real, thinking what a terrible accident, not for a second thinking terrorist attack. As I watched & listened they started to talk about other planes missing in our Sky's & this being an attack, my blood went cold. I had a overwhelming feeling of helplessness. So many lives in danger & nothing I could do about it. Then as I watched the second plane hit the 2ND WTC Building I called Dan at work. I was scared out of my mind. After that allot is a blur, but I remember mom calling me from work to tell me she loved me. I watched the buildings crumble to dust! I was horrified! I couldn't believe my eyes! So many people lost their lives, & loved ones! What were we doing to protect our Great Nation? I wasn't sure what to do. Take the kids into the basement with all the canned goods I could get down the stairs, get into the car, where would we go? Dan called to see if we were OK. He told me to relax. Somewhere in my BLUR, a plane had crashed into the pentagon, and another went down somewhere in western PA. And they believed, for now, the terror was over. I know I was uptight for days after that and still felt like I needed to go someplace safer although I had NO idea where that might be. That evening I finally broke down and cried! The sadness I felt for all the people who lost their lives, and the ones who had lost children, moms, dads and other loved ones, I just couldn't imagine their pain! This time, every year since, I think about what happened, how I felt, & what steps we've taken to prevent another incident like this one. I really do say a prayer for everyone involved that day, good, bad, alive & passed.

With elections being just around the corner, above all else, my concern is protecting my Children, my Family, my Country, my Freedom! I hope all who read this do the same. All the other Parties difference in opinions are small compared to this one that we should all agree on, and that is PROTECTING what we ALL have here in the USA! McCain / Palin have our votes! GOD BLESS THE USA!!

1 comment:

Arlene Price said...

RIGHT ON BEC! I know I sure will feel safer with McCain and Palin in the position of protecting this countries interests . I worry about the future for all the little ones .I often wonder what life here will be for them at my age. It's a scarey thing !!!!We all need to pray . HARD, LONG and OFTEN !
I love you !!!! xoxoxoxo