January 30, 2009

Costumes on DEMAND!

OK this story is a bit long so bare with me. Thursday night after I got home from Babysitting and was preparing to tackle, homework, dinner & the MOUNTAIN of dishes waiting for me on the counter (I am VERY good at multi-tasking) Daniel & Sam said "tomorrow we have to dress up for school like a story book character." I figured NO PROBLEMO! Till they told me what they were going to be. Sam picked a Snow-boy from his book "Snowballs" and Daniel picked a Robot from his book "If I had a robot". I figured OK they are trying to give me a nervous breakdown tonight. Sam's being the easiest he & I started that while I was back & forth with the other stuff I mentioned. He was pleased in the end & so was I. Then came Daniels MUCH more complicated! THANKS BOYS FOR GIVING ME AT LEAST ONE NIGHTS NOTICE! Anyway, I worked on it even after they went to bed. we didn't have a head at the time & I figured what we did would have to be enough. Daniel came out crying his eyes out cause he felt it didn't looked finished. We sent him back to bed. I then felt guilty & managed to come up with a helmet, & leaving it on the table for a breakfast surprise. He was tickled when he got up!! Off to school they went. They got off the bus this afternoon & even the bus driver gave me a thumbs up. They BOTH won their classrooms 1st place prize & Daniel even won the best in the school prize of $5.00. I was sooo happy for them I cried! I never expected either of them to get a prize! I was just happy that they were happy with what I was able to put together for them in such short notice. LOVE THE MEMORIES!!!


5 comments:

Arlene Price said...

LOVE the costumes !!!!!
Great imagination mom !
Remember when we had to make a lions costume out of paper bags ? It didn't win any prizes but I thought it was pretty darn creative :)
Give everybody Hugs and kisses !!xoxoxoxo I'll call tomorrow .

Rich, Teresa and Kalee said...

Good times!!! So creative, especially given one nights notice!

The Millers said...

Wow, so you deff deserve the super mom award!! I would never be able to make those costumes, especially in ONE NIGHT!
they look amazing!

Arlene Price said...

Great imagination ! That's my girl :) XO

Grammie T said...

Hi Becky and gang, you sure are settled right in down there. It seems as though everyone is happy. You take the creativity award, Becky, that's for sure!!! Hope all is going good. Thanks for the photos of Ken and Darci's pair of munchkins. What a couple cutie-pies. How's your dad doing? Send my hellos and love to everyone. Take care, Love Teresa